Travala.com Monthly Report: February 2020
Growth Continues with 2,300+ Room Nights and Booking Revenue Up +55% MoM
57% of Bookings Paid with Cryptocurrencies
Below is our monthly report for February 2020;
- Overall booking revenue for the month of February was $367,283 which is an increase of 55.1% compared to January.
- We took in $30,000 of partner listing fees in February bringing our total revenue to $397,283
- The total number of room nights booked was 2,364, which is an increase of 34.7% compared to January.
- 11% of all bookings in February were paid in the native AVA token, making it the second preferred crypto payment option behind BTC at 23%.
Top 7 visitors by country were;
- United States
- United Kingdom
Top 7 countries booked were;
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Dominican Republic
57% of the total bookings in February were paid with cryptocurrencies. Here is the breakdown of the payment methods:
Smart Program Update;
As of 1st March 2020, we have 1,023 SMART members in total. Smart level details are as follows:
- Level 5 – 720
- Level 4 – 81
- Level 3 – 52
- Level 2 – 86
- Level 1 – 84
A total of 4,186,000 AVA are locked within our SMART program which represents 11.7% of the circulating supply which is now 35,767,471 AVA.
You can see the Smart Lockup wallet here on the Binance Chain. https://explorer.binance.org/address/bnb1ujj2knlj7grqlm74vdf4kd7wl7lk6ugtgjewck
Crypto.com and Travala.com Partnership to Drive Cryptocurrency Mass Adoption
Over 1 million users of the Crypto.com App can now pay for bookings at over 2 million hotels and accommodations in 230 countries globally on Travala.com in crypto using the Crypto.com Pay feature in the app. Read the press release
Development updates on the Travala.com platform in February;
- Partial AVA payment: Responding to community feedback, we now allow users to make partial payments with the AVA token up to 50% of the booking value. This applies to Card payments and Crypto.com Pay payments.
- New payment method: As part of our partnership with Crypto.com, we have integrated Crypto.com Pay as a payment option on the travel website’s platform. Travala.com will now accept CRO, the Crypto.com Coin along with BTC, LTC, ETH and XRP through Crpyto.com Pay.
- Filters Optimisation: Filters on the search page and property page have been improved, allowing users to find their perfect hotel selections within a matter of seconds to give a user experience on par with the best travel sites in the world.
- Loading Speeds: Improved loading speeds to optimize UX and conversion rates
- SEO Optimisation: Stronger site architecture and improving navigation to help major search engines index our site
- New Travel Suppliers: We integrated a new high profile partner. Press release to follow sometime in March
- Digital wallets: We deployed further improvements to our digital wallets to continue to provide full transparency of transaction activity
AMA Series with Juan Otero – Co Founder and CSO of Travala.com
On 17th February, 2020 we shared our time with the Binance Dex telegram channel to have an Ask Me Anything session. Here is the recap of the questions & answers. Read the full AMA here
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
Where can I buy AVA tokens?
Should you wish to purchase AVA tokens, you can do so from: