Culturally vibrant, efficiently run and attractively set at the meeting of river and lake, Zurich is regularly recognized as one of the world’s most liveable cities.
Long known as a savvy, hard-working financial centre, Switzerland’s largest and wealthiest metropolis has also emerged in the 21st century as one of Central Europe’s hippest destinations, with an artsy, post-industrial
When to go
Zurich has a mild climate. The best time to visit Zurich is between May and September when the temperatures are warmest, allowing visitors to benefit from the joys of swimming in the lake as well as visiting the city.
The Christmas period is also a good time to visit Zurich and soak up the ambiance of the illuminated city, dressed up for the winter.
What to do
- Go swimming or boating in the clear waters of Lake Zurich, or simply lounge on the banks while admiring the view of the Alps
- Get a breath of fresh air in the great outdoors just beside the city by making your way by foot or train to Uetliberg and enjoy the panoramic views of the city, the lake and the snow-topped mountains
- Experience sites steeped in history by ambling along the charming pedestrian streets of Zurich’s old town, just a stone’s throw from the train station where the TGV Lyria arrives.
- Go window shopping on Bahnhofstrasse, one of the most prestigious shopping streets in the world, featuring a variety of high-end shops, including Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Chanel and Giorgio Armani.
- Soak up the trendy side of Zurich by wandering through the renovated industrial neighbourhood of Zurich West, and visit Zurich by setting off to discover its art galleries and designer boutiques.
Where to stay
Below are our top picked properties for the stay in Zurich. Booking dates are 28th – 29th Sep, 2019 with the price corrects as of 23rd August, 2019
5* The Dolder Grand
Superior Double Room
Booking.com: $613 (16.1% saving with Travala)
Hotels.com: $608.48 (15.5% saving with Travala)
5* Widder Hotel
Design Double / Twin Room – Breakfast Included
Booking.com: $796 (27.3% saving with Travala)
Hotels.com: $790.97 (26.8% saving with Travala)
4* Hilton Zurich Airport
Queen Hilton Guest room
Booking.com: $146 (13.3% saving with Travala)
Hotels.com: $147.42 (14.2% saving with Travala)
4* Four Points by Sheraton Sihlcity Zürich
Contemporary, Guest Room, 1 King
Booking.com: $205 (7.2% saving with Travala)
Hotels.com: $200.28 (5% saving with Travala)
4* Ascot Hotel
Standard King/Twin Room (Breakfast Included)
Booking.com: $27o (20.2% saving with Travala)
Hotels.com: $238.82 (9.8% saving with Travala)